Stress is a completely inevitable part of life. Whether it’s work, school, relationships or related issues, it always seems to be one thing or another. According to a survey by ADAA, 7 out of 10 adults in the United States say they experience stress or anxiety daily, and most say it interferes at least moderately with their lives.
But did you know? It’s Stress Awareness Month, and we’re here to help! Rockin’ Jump is the perfect place to de-stress. You’ll get to spend a few hours with friends and family, eat a slice of pizza (or two), and most importantly, exercise!
If you aren’t familiar, physical fitness is one of the leading activities to help de-stress the mind.
- Exercise is essential for maintaining mental fitness, and it can reduce stress.
- Studies show physical exercise can highly reduce fatigue, improve alertness and concentration, and enhance overall cognitive function.
- Exercise produces endorphins—chemicals in the brain that act as natural painkillers. Physical activity also improves your ability to sleep (which in turn reduces stress)!
- Scientists have found that regular participation in aerobic exercise decreases levels of tension, elevates and stabilizes mood, improves sleep, and improves self-esteem.
- Just five minutes of aerobic exercise can stimulate anti-anxiety effects.
When your mind feels the stress, so does your body. So no matter how stressed you are, it’s important to take a break and tend to your body and mind!
Jumping on a trampoline not only serves as a great exercise, but it’s also FUN! You’ll be so distracted by the fun you’re having that all your worries will disappear; at least for a few hours! Just 10 min minutes of jumping on a trampoline is equivalent to 33 min of running; studies show that you burn 1,000 calories an hour jumping on a trampoline!
We have open jump times every week, and special events like Rockin’ Fridays and Saturdays just for teens. Take a look at our weekly hours; and look forward to a few hours of stress-free fun!